|KC Royals||7-14||7:10 PM||Keller (2.19)|
|Omaha Storm Chasers||11-12||11:05 AM||Kowar (11.68)|
|NWA Naturals||10-11||7:05 PM||Veneziano (12.71)|
|Quad Cities River Bandits||9-12||6:35 PM||Murdock (7.24)|
|Columbia Fireflies||7-14||6:05 PM||Avila (6.32)|
- Brad Keller has been nails for the Royals so far this season. I find myself excited every time he’s slated to start. Looking forward to seeing if he can hold the Cardinals down at home tonight.
- Jackson Kowar is pitching for Omaha this morning and…well…it ought to be a big week for him. Typically the Tuesday starter gets two starts in a week, Tuesday and Sunday. Two good starts this week would be a great confident booster for him.
- Anthony Veneziano got off to a horrid start at AA, but he settled in a little bit last week and ought to look to keep that train rolling this week at home.
- Noah Murdock is healthy, and that’s about all that matters right now. I still think he’s a reliever long-term but it’s been fun to see him pitching early on this year.
- Luinder Avila has had two very good outings in a row and I’m excited to see him get a couple starts this week. His fastball velocity has been up this spring compared to last year and his curveball has been a great secondary offering for him. Avila is still just 20 years old and has a huge frame to work with. He may not be on people’s radars just yet, but he is absolutely a name to keep watching as he moves through the system.
Photo Credits: Minda Haas Kuhlmann (@minda33)