|KC Royals||5-5||1:10 PM||Greinke (2.45)|
|Omaha Storm Chasers||7-7||6:45 PM||Kowar (10.13)|
|NWA Naturals||4-7||6:35 PM||Veneziano (14.73)|
|Quad Cities River Bandits||4-7||6:40 PM||Murdock (3.68)|
|Columbia Fireflies||4-7||6:05 PM||Avila (15.88)|
- The Royals look to win their fourth game in a row with their Opening Day starter and $15M free agent on the mound today. It’s “School Day at The K” so be prepared for nonsensical cheering at every flyball.
- Omaha hasn’t confirmed that Kowar is starting yet, but it’s his turn in the rotation. The dude looks broken. I don’t even know how we got to this point. It’s not the same guy we saw in Omaha to begin last season. I’m still a believer in the stuff, but I’m worried about the Royals ability to fix him at this point.
- Veneziano has gotten off to a terrible start at AA this season. The Royals 2021 MiLB in strikeouts has just two strikeouts to go with eight walks in his first two starts of the season. He’ll look to get right tonight against a good Frisco team.
- Noah Murdock has been a mixed bag in his first couple of outings. The stuff looks great, but he’s still a little rusty after missing most of last season.
- Luinder Avila has also struggled mightily early on. He’s young and he’s got plenty of time to develop, but it would be cool to see him have some success at home tonight.
Photo Credits: Josh Franzen (@PrtTimeFranimal)