Be sure to check out all of the minor league roster breakdowns that Jared did. He did an awesome job of doing in-depth analysis of all four Royals affiliates and the players at each position on their respective rosters.
Jensen was one of the players I was most excited to see taken in the 2021 MLB Draft. He is a local kid who the Royals took in the 3rd round out of Park Hill High School and was considered one of the best hitting catchers in the draft. Unlike Frank Mozzicato and Ben Kudrna, the Royals decided to be more aggressive with Jensen assigning him to Low-A to start the year.
Likewise, we broke down the minor league rosters on the RFR Podcast a couple of weeks ago. Be sure to check out our “Podcast” page on the website for links to all of the most recent editions of the RFR Podcast.
AAA Omaha (3-5): L 4-5, W 4-1
The Storm Chasers dropped their suspended game last night, but they won the regularly scheduled game on the back of a brilliant performance by Jonathan Heasley to start the game. Josh Dye was also very good in relief for Omaha after what was sort of a breakout year for the funky lefty in AA last season. Emmanuel Rivera carried the offense in game two with a double and a home run. Omaha is back at it tonight at 6:35 pm.
– Clay Dungan: 3-8, K
– Nick Pratto: 1-9, 5 K
– MJ Melendez: 1-8, HR, BB, 3 K
– Emmanuel Rivera: 3-8, HR, 2B
– Vinnie Pasquantino: 2-6, BB
– Brewer Hicklen: 0-7, BB, 4 K
– Austin Cox: 5 IP, 4 H, 3 BB, 1 ER, 3 K
– Jose Cuas: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 0 R, 3 K
– Jonathan Heasley: 4 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 0 R, 6 K
– Josh Dye: 2 IP, 0 H, 1 BB, 0 R, 4 K
– Colten Brewer: 2 IP, 0 H, ) BB, 0 R, 0 K
AA Northwest Arkansas (3-2): W 8-5
The Naturals offense continues to be an absolute juggernaut in the Texas League. Maikel Garcia has 10 walks and just 2 strikeouts in five games. Nick Loftin is hitting .350. Michael Massey hit a pair of doubles last night. Seuly Matias is hitting .400. Jake Means looks like he might be a legitimate prospect. Tucker Bradley looks great. Up and down this lineup, guys are smashing baseballs right now. They’ll look to continue scoring 8+ runs per game tonight at 7:05.
– Maikel Garcia: 0-2, 3 BB, K
– Nick Loftin: 3-5
– Michael Massey: 2-5, 2 2B
– Seuly Matias: 1-3, K
– Sebastian Rivero: 1-4, K
– John Rave: 1-3, BB, K
– Tucker Bradley: 1-3, K
– Alec Marsh: 4.2 IP, 2 H, 2 BB, 2 ER, 9 K
A+ Quad Cities River Bandits (2-2): Postponed
Quad Cities will play a double header today beginning at 4:30 pm.
A- Columbia Fireflies (3-2): W 3-1
Carter Jensen hit an absolute nuke in the first inning last night, which would wind up being all the runs Columbia needed. Ben Hernandez threw four shutout innings to start things off and Heribert Garcia closed it out with five innings of one-run ball. Columbia is back at it tonight at 6:05.
– Edgar Martinez: 3-4, 2 SB, K
– Erick Pena: 0-4, K
– Carter Jensen: 1-4, HR, K
– Darryl Collins: 2-3, BB, SB
– Wilmin Candelario: 0-4, K
– Ben Hernandez: 4 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 0 R, 4 K
– Heribert Garcia: 5 IP, 5 H, 0 BB, 1 ER, 6 K