|Omaha Storm Chasers||2-4||4:05 PM||Cox (9.00)|
|Originally Scheduled Game||TBD||Heasley (3.00)|
|NWA Naturals||2-2||7:05 PM||Marsh (0.00)|
|Quad Cities River Bandits||2-2||6:30 PM||Neuweiler (0.00)|
|Columbia Fireflies||2-2||6:05 PM||B. Hernandez (0.00)|
- The Royals game was postponed due to rain. Will be made up on May 2nd at 3:15 PM.
- Omaha was suspended due to rain last night and will resume that game in the 6th inning beginning at 4:05 PM. The originally scheduled game will begin shortly after that one ends with Jonathan Heasley on the mound.
- Alec Marsh makes his 2022 debut today for Northwest Arkansas. Marsh has legitimate top-100 stuff, and much was made of his strikeout rate at the beginning of last season, but injuries cost him most of the year. This ought to be a great season for Marsh.
- I’ve been waiting for the Charlie Neuweiler breakout for years now. The offspeed stuff and bulldog mentality on the mound is among the best makeups in the entire organization. The fastball just hasn’t been good enough to matter just yet. If that fastball can tick up closer to 95 than 90, Neuweiler has a chance to creep back up prospect lists.
- Ben Hernandez will make his highly-anticipated season debut tonight. Hernandez didn’t have phenomenal results last year, but the stuff looked outstanding and he was starting to turn some heads with a new curveball and a fastball that flashed 98 mph a couple times. Like Marsh, that season was cut short due to injury, but Hernandez legitimately has some of the best stuff in the system and I am fired up to get to watch him pitch tonight.