The Royals are for sale?! That’s what The Athletic reported. This article is behind the paywall but you can look other places for more info on the potential sale. Also from the Athletic is the story of Darryl Collins.
The Royals DSL 1 team won their playoff series and has advanced to the semi-finals. Their first game will be on Friday.
Mike Montgomery was good again but the Royals couldn’t score and lost 2-1 to the A’s.
Foster Griffin threw well again and picked up his 8th win on the year in Omaha’s victory.
Gerson Garabito shared the same fate as Monty in the Royals game. Garabito lowered his ERA to 3.99 on the season giving up just 1 run in 7.0 innings. Garabito set his career high with 9 Ks. He is in consideration for Rule 5 protection.
The Blue Rocks won behind the bat of MJ Melendez. Melendez was a triple shy of the cycle in the 6-5 win. Rito Lugo posted another good start. I’ve always heard it said that a starting pitcher who can give you 5.0 innings every day is incredibly valuable. That is Lugo. You know that every time out he is going to give you 5.0 innings and 2 runs or less. You have a chance to win every game he starts.
The Legends got more rain.
Arizona Royals did not play today.
Alex suggests the Royals should purge their roster this off season over at Royals Review.
Here is a list of players that I think deserve at least some consideration to be added to the 40-man roster this offseason in order to be protected from the Rule 5 Draft:
- Nick Heath, OF: ++ speed, good defensive outfielder, some on-base skills
- Xavier Fernandez, C: serviceable defender, has shown some ability with the bat
- DJ Burt, UTIL: ++ speed, good defender at 4-5 positions, could be option on 26-man roster
- Ofreidy Gomez, RHP: big frame, 3 pitches, still developing
- Grant Gavin, RHP: + spin rate, good curveball, good SwStr%, results at every level in bullpen
- Yunior Marte, RHP: good fastball, dominated AA this year
- Erick Mejia, UTIL: + speed, good defender all over the field, some offensive rebirth in PCL
- Foster Griffin, LHP: decent results in PCL, could eat some innings in big leagues, still 24
- Carlos Hernandez, RHP: 100-mph fastball, big frame, good mix of pitches
- Gabe Speier, LHP: good results at AA, intriguing left-handed reliever
- Sebastian Rivero, C: defensive wizard, would not hit nearly enough
- Janser Lara, RHP: great “stuff”, could be another Elvis Luciano situation
Rob Gronkowski has a new job. The pitchman for CBD products.
Antonio de la Rosa is the first person to paddleboard from Hawaii to California. It took him 76 days, 5 hours, and 22 minutes.