Inspired by Alex Duval’s excellent post yesterday, I’ll toss in a few more names that I feel deserve promotions:
- Humberto Arteago — Humberto has long ago proven everything he can prove at AAA and deserves a shot to come off the bench for the Big Boys.
- Brett Phillips — We all know he is a plus defender, with a plus-plus arm and plus speed. All he has to do is hit enough. Last 2 weeks the bat has been pretty good and he is already on the 40-man.
- Kyle Zimmer — looks settled in and pumping gas at 95-96 regularly. Frankly, I can’t want Boxberger any longer and say lets go with Zim.
- Conner Greene — Conner sure looks the part in relief, as he’s been working out of the ‘pen in Skoglund’s rehab starts. I’d like to see him get a shot in the Omaha bullpen when Zimmer is promoted.
- Blake Perkins — Moving Gigliotti up will require other moves to free up a spot. Blake will need to prove he can stay at AA.
I gathered the box scores and it looks like the top ten hitters last week were:
|4||Brewer Hicklen||LF||0.429||0.667||0.667||1.333||A HI|
|6||Eric Cole||RF||0.429||0.619||0.619||1.238||A LO|
|10||Michael Gigliotti||CF||0.440||0.640||0.520||1.160||A LO|
Top 5 Starters (By WHIP):
|1||Marcelo Martinez||10.50||1.50||0.50||A HI|
|2||Jackson Kowar||7.71||1.29||0.71||A HI|
|3||Evan Steele||5.40||1.80||0.80||A LO|
|4||Austin Cox||6.75||0.00||0.88||A LO|
|5||Jon Heasley||12.00||3.00||1.00||A LO|
Top 5 Relievers (also by WHIP):
|1||Luis De La Rosa||3.00||9.00||0.00||0.00||DR1|
|3||C.J. Eldred||2.67||10.11||0.00||0.37||A HI|
|4||Tad Ratliff||2.33||7.73||0.00||0.43||A HI|
Looking forward to Burlington’s Opening Night tonight, as well as the Arizona League Royals. So much baseball, so little time….
Photo Credits: Kent Sievers, Omaha World-Herald